Bill Nye the Science Guy Drinking Game
Scientist/comedian Bill Nye explores various aspects of science for young viewers.
The essentials: Your goggles, labcoat, & an open mind.
Drink x1 if any of these segments come on:
- "Check it Out!"
- "Consider the Following"
- "Clever Science Trick"
- "Did You Know That..."
- "Nifty Home Experiment"
- "Hey! Look at This!"
- "Way Cool Scientist"
- "Try This"
- or the music video.
Drink x1 if:
- Anyone mentions a "(fill in the blank) of Science!"
- The theme song gets played. Drink again if it's with someone else's name in place of Bill's, like Boris or Candace
- Anyone says "Science rules!"
- Any segment comes on entitled " (fill in the blank) or Not!" (example: such as "Alive or Not", "Magnetic or Not")
- Anyone says "Right, Bill..." or "Sure, Bill..."
- Anyone goes through the door to Nye Labs. Drink again if it leads directly outside, or they can't get it open on the first try
- The TV-sitcom mom says, "Richie, eat your crust!"
- Any line or action gets repeated three times (or more) in a row
- Your attention gets called to a pair of safety goggles
- Someone tells you not to try this at home, or suggests that you get a grown-up to help you or do it for you. Drink again if Bill shows up at that point in the experiment as the "grown-up". Drink a third time if the kids doing the experiment exhibit doubts as to whether or not Bill actually counts a grown-up
- Someone wanders by in the background at the lab, doing something not at all related to the experiment
- Pat, the announcer, starts his "Watch it! Careful! Oo! Ah! Ee!" spiel
- There's a recognizable spoof of a TV show or movie
- The film gets speeded up to get through the time-consuming part of an experiment
- Bill eats, drinks, or licks something in the lab
- Bill appears outside the lab in his lab coat and bow tie
- There's a fake ad
- A kid tells you what a country or locality is famous for
Drink x2 when:
- There's an oblique reference to Seattle (example: Bill wearing a Mariners cap, Bill looking through a telescope and seeing the Seattle skyline, Bill saying, "Here in the Pacific Northwest...")
- Bill blows something up
- Luna Van Dyne shows up. (Take the drinks just as she says, "It's from a Dutch word meaning...")
- Bill somehow injures himself with a globe (drops it on his foot, bonks himself in the head, etc.)
- Anyone mixes baking soda and vinegar for any reason
- Bill dresses in drag (such as Vivian Cupcake)
- Bill flounders while explaining something. Drink a third time if he ends with, "Well, you know what I mean..." ("Uh-huh...")
- Bill loses it completely -- repeatedly screaming, wailing, or shouting at the camera at maximum volume (sometimes with echo) for two lines or more...such as "The Absolute Zero Hour". Drink a third time if Pat tries to snap him out of it ("Uh, Bill?...calm down, Bill...")
- Bill sings. (Note: two drinks may not be enough!)
Drink x3 when:
- Bill uses a Macintosh and/or destroys a PC, despite the fact that Microsoft is headquartered in Seattle ("Science rules!")
- The show ends with no outtakes.
- Bill says the word "sex".
Optional super-drinker rule (at your own risk):
- Drink every time there's a sound effect
As always, please remember to drink responsibly while enjoying this alcohol drinking game, and please leave feedback in the comments if you enjoyed it!