Official 2014 World Cup Drinking Game
- Players: 1+
- Type: Social
- Drink: All
- Year: -Today
- Genre: Soccer
The 2014 World Cup Drinking Game assigns alcoholic drinks and shots based on five types of rules, all based on the soccer games: Basic, Special, Player, Team, & Commentary
Tune your TV to ESPN (or whatever channel the world cup is being broadcast on in your region) and open up the Ultimate World Cup Drinking Game graphic that illustrates the rules.
Every four years 32 of the world's best soccer teams meet up to play 64 games and compete for the title of world's best. This Drinking game is brought to you by Just the Flight and includes multiple sets of alcohol drinking rules, split up by category. Let's get started.
- 1 Drink: Every time your team loses possession
- 1 Drink:When the ball goes off the pitch
- 1 Drink:Every time the referee blows his whistle
- 1 Drink:If a striker on your team scores
- 2 Drinks:If a midfielder on your team scores
- 3 Drinks:If a defender on your team scores
- 3 Drinks: Whenever a player on your team is caught offside
- 3 Drinks: Whenever a player on your team gets a yellow card
- Take a Shot: Whenever a player on your team gets a red card | Preferably Stella!
- Take a Shot: Every time there's a substitution | Swap drinks with the player to your left!
- Take a Shot: If you text your partner during play | Your phone gets confiscated!
- Take a Shot: Every time there's a penalty | Drink from when the ball is placed until it has been kicked!
- Take a Shot: When the World Cup trophy is lifted | Sip your drink then pass it to the next player, as if it was the trophy itself!
- Take a Shot: If a television technical error causes you to miss a goal
- Drink 2: If Suarez scores | Bite glass and lift using you're your teeth
- Drink 2: If Neymar dives | 1/2 sip (we don't want you to die)
- Drink 2:Every time Ronaldo does a step over | Or any ridiculous celebration for that matter!
- Drink 2: If Aguero scores | Drink until a fellow player has finished shouting "Agueroooooooooooooo"
- Drink 2:If Balotelli scores | Remove your shirt to replicate his famous topless celebration
- Drink 2: If Torres scores | Don't worry, we doubt this will happen!
- Take a Shot: If USA scores | Declare you how much "love soccer" as loud as you can!
- Take a Shot: If any player other than Ronaldo scores for Portugal
- Take a Shot: If Russia scores | Preferably vodka
- Take a Shot: If Australia wins a match | Preferably Fosters
- Take a Shot: If Honduras or Iran scores
- Take 3 Shots: If your team wins the World Cup!
- Take a Shot: "Goal line technology" |Any mention of "Goal line technology"
- Take a Shot:"Literally" | Every time the world "literally" is used incorrectly | e.g. "they have literally parked the bus here"
- Take a Shot: "This is end to end stuff" |Any mention of the game moving from end to end, which it always does!
- Take a Shot: "This game needs a goal" |While a game remains at 0-0 this is a cliched icebreaker!
- Take a Shot: "Bad time to concede" | Normally just before half time!
- Take a Shot: "Game in the World Cup" | There's no such thing as an easy game in the World Cup
- Take a Shot: "Game of two halves" | As always, it's a game of two halves but thanks for the reminder!
- Take a Shot: "They think it's all over" | Or any other mention of 1966!
We hope you enjoy the 2014 World cup, and remember to visit the author of this game's website.
As always, please remember to drink responsibly! This alcohol drinking game is not meant to lead to you becoming sick due to over-consumption of alcohol. If you enjoyed it, please leave feedback in the comments & let us know how we can make it better!