Circle of Death Drinking Game
- Players: 3+
- Type: Social
- Drink: Beer
- Year: -Today
Circle of death is a drinking game that closely resembles Kings, where players draw one card per turn and perform actions based on the card/color drawn.
Players sit in a circle, and place a cup of a strong and/or nasty drink in the middle of the table, then the dealer spreads the deck of cards around the middle cup faced down. One player starts by picking the first card, then turns proceed by the player to their left following with their turn.
If you don't have a deck of cards, you can play Circle of Death on your smartphone. You can download the best apps using these links for iPhone, Android or Windows Phone.
A turn in this drinking game consists of drawing a single card, and then performing an action associated with that card, just like in Kings. Here are the rules for each card:
- King: Make a rule, and have the ability to undo any prior King's rules. Whoever draws the 4th King drinks the middle cup though.
- Queen: Ask a question to another player, who must in turn ask a different player a question. Whoever doesn't answer with a question loses, and you can't ask a question back to the person who last asked you.
- Jack: Drawing a Jack makes you the Thumb Master, entitling you to put your thumb on the table at any time causing all players to race to do the same, where the last player to do so loses. You remain Thumb Master until a new Jack is drawn.
- 10: You state a category, and similar to the game Categories, they take turns calling out things that fit into that category (without repeating anything).
- 9: Say a word that everyone must take turns rhyming with, and the first person to fail or repeat a word drinks
- 8 & Below: If the color is red, the player that drew the card drinks that number of drinks. Otherwise, they give them out to other players.
- Ace: When an Ace is drawn, everyone waterfalls (chugs their drink after the person to their right starts chugging in domino fashion, and can't stop until the same person to their right stops), starting with the player that drew the Ace.
The game ends when all cards are drawn.
- Don't break the circle of cards - if you do, you chug your beer or take a shot
- Social - When all cards of a certain number or suit are drawn, everyone takes a drink
- 4th King - whoever draws the last King drinks the middle cup
- 7 / 8 Optional Rules - if an 8 is drawn, men drink; or if a 7 is drawn, Women drink.
As always, please remember to drink responsibly while enjoying this alcohol drinking game, and please leave feedback in the comments if you enjoyed it!